Crunchbase is a site designed to track startups and businesses. The site provides information on companies, their investors, employees, and other vital data. Creating a profile on Crunchbase can help your business or organization get discovered by potential customers, investors, and partners.
In this article, we will show you the steps to create a profile on Crunchbase and tips to get the most out of it.
Steps to Creating a Profile on Crunchbase
As long as you are a registered member, you can add or edit a profile page. A perfect example of Crunchbase profile is clean, easy to navigate, and to the point.
Follow these steps to create your profile on Crunchbase:
- Log in to www.crunchbase.com/account to create an account.
- Navigate to your account page by selecting the Account icon in the top right corner and clicking My Account.
- Link your LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter account for social authentication. Remember, your profile page and registered account are entirely different.
- Search Crunchbase for your company or person profile first.
- By clicking the Create Profile button on the homepage, you can add a new profile if it is not listed.
- Next, select the type of profile you want to create. It can be anything from a company, school, investment firm, organization, or individual. Click Next when you have made a choice.
- Fill in your details correctly.
- Once finished, click the Save All Edits button in the top right corner of your profile.
- After creating a new profile, select ‘Edit’ at the top right corner of the profile by clicking the three-dot icon.
Getting the Most Out of Your Crucnbase Profile
One of the many benefits of a Crunchbase account is to grow your brand. If you follow the steps we have shared above, you should have successfully created a profile on Crunchbase. But that’s only half the work. Here are a few tips to get the most out of Crunchbase profile:
Add as much information as possible to your profile.
The description field deserves special attention because it appears in search snippets. It shows up in Crunchbase searches. Don’t forget to include keywords you want associated with.
Follow the Crunchbase guidelines.
Invest some time to understand how Crunchbase works. Make sure you follow its guidelines and avoid creating duplicate profiles or abusing data.
Fill out a founder profile.
Networking happens between individuals – not faceless organizations. Plus, it is valuable for branding.
Share your profile on social media.
After creating your profile, make sure to share it on social media. This is an effective way to get the word out about your brand. Plus, it is more likely to show up in search results.
Keep an eye on your profile.
Like Wikipedia, people can edit your profile on Crunchbase. So, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on your account and update your profile page when needed. You can restrict edit access on your account by locking it.
Creating a profile on Crunchbase is a great way to market yourself and your brand. But, it’s not a one-off job. To make the most of it, you need to stay on top of it and update the information when necessary.