Are you frustrated with repeated information technology (IT) problems only professionals can solve? Do you rely on an in-house IT team for support, but need something more reliable and scalable?
If so, a managed service provider (MSP) may be the right choice for you. Unlike traditional break/fix IT providers, MSPs are focused on providing proactive solutions and support that help businesses stay productive, secure, and efficient. Here are ten key things that an MSP does differently than a break/fix provider:
- An MSP provides more comprehensive coverage than a typical break/fix provider. Not only do they provide monitoring and maintenance of your systems to prevent issues before they arise, they also offer backup and disaster recovery services to ensure business continuity in the event of an emergency.
- An MSP offers a flat-rate monthly fee, rather than billing by the hour or project. This makes budgeting for IT expenses much simpler and more predictable.
- An managed service provider has a team of knowledgeable and experienced engineers who are available 24/7/365 to provide support when you need it. This is in contrast to a break/fix provider, who typically only has a few staff members on call during limited business hours.
- An MSP uses cutting-edge tools and technologies to proactively identify potential problems before they cause downtime. This helps prevent issues from occurring in the first place, saving you time and money.
- An MSP provides regular reports on your system’s performance, security, and efficiency, so you always know where your business stands. This is in contrast to a break/fix provider who may not provide this level of transparency.
- An managed service provider offers custom solutions designed specifically for your organization’s needs, rather than the “one-size-fits-all” approach that many break/fix providers use. This allows them to improve efficiency and productivity without requiring costly hardware upgrades or software purchases.
- An MSP focuses on long-term relationships with their customers, so they are invested in helping you succeed over the long term. A break/fix provider typically has no incentive to maintain a sustained relationship with you, since they will only see short-term revenue from your services.
- An MSP is transparent about the costs and benefits of their services, so you can make a fully informed decision about whether they are the right fit for your organization. A break/fix provider may not be as forthcoming about hidden fees or other issues that could impact your bottom line in the long run.
- An MSP offers a wide range of services including cloud solutions, data backup and disaster recovery, secure file sharing and collaboration, virus protection, infrastructure upgrades, virtualization and so much more. By contrast, most break/fix providers only provide basic support for individual hardware and software issues.
- Finally, an MSP offers the peace of mind that comes with knowing your systems are in good hands; no matter what challenges arise. This relieves stress by giving you one less thing to worry about when running your business.
Overall, an MSP provides a more comprehensive level of service and support than a typical break/fix provider. If you’re ready to enjoy the benefits of proactive IT management, consider partnering with an MSP today!