Owning an assisted living home takes a lot of hard work. There’s also added emotional stress as bonds are created to the residents that you serve.
It’s easy to have things slip through the cracks when you’re busy, especially when it comes to the internal function of the company. This is why it’s important to hire a reliable and trustworthy service to monitor the smooth operation of your firm. Here are some ways you can get your assisted living home reorganized:
1) Cleaning – A common reason for people not taking action on their cleaning tasks is that they’re overwhelmed by how much work they need to do before everything looks better. The trick, however, is to start small and build from there. You can’t re-organize your entire home in a single day or week even if that’s what you would like to do.
2) Outsource admin items to a third party professional, so you can focus on the caring of your clients.
3) Max out your potential by identifying all of the tasks that need to be completed, then every night before you go to bed write them down. Prioritize these items so they are in order of how the most urgent they are.
4) Visualize your work space with a fresh new look and decide where things should be organized. Say goodbye to clutter and say hello to a more pleasant environment.
5) Routinely go through your home and take out items that don’t belong in the space anymore. Get rid of any unneeded papers, etc. This is also the time to weed out old equipment and supplies so you can make room for new ones when they come in.
6) Have a family meeting and establish chores and routines to ensure everyone in the household is held responsible and accountable for their tasks. You can also assign different rooms to different members of the family so they take ownership of the space.
7) Be honest with your clients when you’re not able to provide the level of service that they deserve. It may hurt to talk with them about it, but they will appreciate the honesty and respect more than you keeping your feelings inside and then letting things go that shouldn’t be going as a result.
8) Invest in organizing supplies that can help the entire family stay on top of their tasks better. Some examples are reasonably priced drawer organizers for the kitchen and shoe racks for the front room.
9) Weekly home meetings can help you check in with everyone on how their tasks are going and give them opportunities to voice any concerns they have about helping out. This will also provide a great atmosphere for open communication and encouragement among the family members, which will lead to more productive days and happier clients.
Spending time with an assisted living home organization service is key to having your business run in optimal condition. Leaving things to chance can lead to bigger problems like losing clients and lawsuits, which no one wants.
Follow the above steps and you will see a noticeable improvement in how your company operates from top to bottom, internally and externally. Your customers will be happier, your employees will be enriched with pride, and you will sleep better at night knowing there is someone on standby to support you when things get hectic.